Accessibility at Conference
We aim to make Conference as accessible to all as possible, please see information below.
Please get in touch if you require any more information, or have any suggestions to improve accessibility to conference, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Conference sessions
- Speeches and plenaries will also be remotely transcribed and the text displayed on screens in the main hall. The transcripts of speeches and plenaries will be available on the members website after the end of the session.
- In the majority of workshop rooms there will be an AV system, including a microphone which all those speaking will use.
- The venue has an induction hearing loop in the main hall.
- Large print and braille versions of the conference documents are available on request.
At the venue
- Our conferences spaces will be wheelchair accessible. There will be designated wheelchair spaces in the main hall and accessible toilets are available throughout the venue. A detailed map of the venue will be available nearer Conference, it will be available here on the website and in the agenda.
- There are disabled toilets on each level of the venue, these will be indicated on the map of the venue.
- You can find details of changing places toilets in and around Scarborough here.
- Gender neutral toilets will be available during conference.
- A designated Quiet Room will be available during conference.
- We welcome breastfeeding at Conference. Parents are welcome to breastfeed wherever they feel comfortable to do so. There are baby changing facilities in the venue and quiet spaces for feeding and resting with babies.
- Guide dogs are welcome at the venue. Please get in touch in advance if you are planning on bringing one so the venue can cater for your animal.
Travel and mobility
- If you would find use of mobility scooter helpful during conference, Scarborough mobility do rentals, you can find more information on their website here. If you would like support organising a rental or have questions, please get in touch.
- You can find accessibility information about Scarborough train station on the national rail website here.
- There is Blue Badge parking directly outside the venue. Please get in touch if you are a Blue Badge user so we can reserve a space for you.