Holistic Review Referendum
What is the Holistic Review?
The 2017 Autumn Conference established a Holistic Review Commission that has consulted members on how the structure and working of the Green Party could be changed to allow us to ‘become a dynamic party fit for the 21st century’.
The Commission reported as required to Autumn Conference 2018 with a report on their activity that included a summary of proposed changes. Conference agreed to put the proposals to a member ballot for completion by the end of 2018.
The ballot question is: “Do you support the following package of changes to the Green Party’s governance, as recommended by the Holistic Review Commission in its report to Conference?”
The ballot is a simple Yes/No.
What changes are being proposed?
- The package of changes “Package of Proposed Changes to the Structure of the Green Party.”
- FOR statement – prepared by members of the Holistic Review Commission to say why you should vote Yes to the proposed changes,
- AGAINST statement – a statement on why you should vote No to the proposed changes, selected through a process on the Members’ website.
How do I vote?
Unless you received a voting code in the post you need to:
- Go to https://ballot.greenparty.org.uk
- Click the “Members site log in” button. Log in with your members’ website log in details* and authorize the voting site to log you in.
- Click on the Holistic Review election heading.
- Click the “Cast your vote now” button.
- Select your preferred option, either Yes or No.
- Click the "Vote..." button at the bottom of the ballot.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page that will display your ballot. Please check your ballot is correct. If you are satisfied that your ballot is correct click the "Confirm" button at the bottom of the page.
If you’re using a shared computer you will need to click the “Log out” link in the top right of the site and repeat the process for the other user.
*If you can't remember your members' website log in details you can reset your password here.
You can view the regulations for the running of this referendum here.
The ballot will require a two-thirds majority for Yes for the proposals to pass.
A quorum of 15% of the membership on the day that the ballot is issued is required.