Work for the Green Party
Here are the current job opportunities available with the Green Party.
To apply for these National posts please complete an application form and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, LONDON EC2A 4LT.
We particularly welcome applications from women, black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within the Green Party staff.
Our current Pay Ratio is 1:2.1 To find out more about our Fair Pay Campaign, please visit www.fairpaycampus.co.uk
National Press Officer
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Green Party National Office, London
Closing Date: 5pm Tuesday 09 June 2015
The Green Party is recruiting for a National Press Officer on a 12 month fixed term contract. The Green Party of England and Wales is experiencing rapid growth and requires additional press capacity to meet increased media attention. The Press & Communications Manager of the Green Party of England and Wales needs support on a number of day-to-day tasks and activities. The Press Officer role will play a vital role in communicating the Green Party’s policies (which are set by members at our Spring and Autumn conferences and published here: http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/) to members of the press and Green Party members.
Outline of Press Officer role:
* Help implement the press and communications strategy of the Green Party as agreed by Green Party Executive (GPEx).
* Promote a positive image of the party and its key public figures in line with the above strategies.
* Achieve favorable coverage in both traditional and ‘new’ media under the direction of the Press and Communications Manager and External Comms Coordinators.
* Operate as a self-starting team-player in a small team, often to tight deadlines
* Research, write, and distribute high-standard, accurately sourced press releases, often to tight deadlines.
* Maintain and update press contact lists for the Press Office.
* Source and upload regular contributions to the wires under the direction of the Press and Communications Manager and External Comms Coordinators.
* Follow-up with journalists after press releases are sent out by both telephone and email.
* Field internal and external phone calls and other enquiries in an organised, efficient fashion.
* Maintain and develop relations with press contacts.
* Work alongside the Policy and Digital teams to provide a steady output of high-quality, shareable social media items from the news.
* Edit, proof and, on occasion, pitch comment pieces and blogs from GPEW spokespeople and elected representatives.
* Help identify media opportunities for the press team to ‘target’.
* Manage the quick and effective response to negative news stories in liaison with the Press and Communications Manager and External Comms Coordinators.
* Maintain, and make available to relevant individuals and bodies within the party, a rolling forward plan of media opportunities.
* Maintain and distribute a record of media ‘hits’ in conjunction with External Comms Coordinators.
* Write occasional briefings for Party figures in preparation for media interviews in conjunction with External Comms Coordinators and Policy.
* Responsible for day-to-day news content of Green Party website.
* Act as out of hours press contact on a rota; maintain this rota under the direction of the Press and Communications Manager and External Comms Coordinators.
* On occasion, take notes and minutes at press and other GPEW meetings.
* Attend occasional out of office hours meetings.
To apply for this position complete and return the application form and Equal Opportunities form found at the bottom of this web page and either email to email@example.com or post to Recruitment c/o The Green Party, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, LONDON EC2A 4LT
You may also like to consider some of our volunteering opportunities.